11 October 2006

California Dreamin'

On Monday, I finally bit the bullet and called Biola university. Some of you have no idea what I'm talking about, so let me digress. If you'll refer back to my post from July 26, you'll see that I was unable to get into the Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics (GIAL) because Northland Baptist Bible College, where I did my undergrad, is not regionally accredited, but is accredited through the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), a private group. So, the Lord closed that door. However, soon after I found out about that problem, I received in the mail an advertisement for Biola University in Los Angeles, CA. The more I read about their program, the more interested I became. But, I was a little worried by my experience with GIAL. So I emailed Biola to ask if they recognized TRACS accreditation. That was several weeks ago, and I had yet to hear back. I really hate calling people I don't know on the phone. I will do everything I can to avoid it. That's one reason I love the internet! But, I finally called on Monday. I had to leave a voicemail, but I heard back last night. They do accept TRACS. So, I'm ready to send in my application. This is very exciting because it finally feels like my life is coming out of "pause" and starting to move again!

Perhaps at this time next year I could be in California! (Yes! No more snow!) We'll see how the Lord leads. I would appreciate your prayers as I move forward in this next step in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be prayin for ya'. Although I must say I have very mixed feelings about that. ;-) I don't want you to go. :-(

Anonymous said...

How exciting. We'll pray for you. We've lived in "pause" many times before. That I can stand. It's the "fast forward" I have a hard time with! LOL!

Katie Barker said...

Congrats! Good to see you pursuing your Masters.