24 November 2012

Thanksgiving Challenge, Day 24


Day #24: I'm thankful God does not change.

"'I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,' says the Lord Almighty" (Malachi 3:6-7).

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).

People that worship false gods and idols often spend their time trying to appease the whims of a capricious deity. They don't know how their god will respond because he or she is not consistent. But our God is unchanging. We can read about him in the Old Testament and realize that he is the same God today. This should bring us comfort because we can trust that when God says something, he will not change his mind. He will fulfill his word.

No comments: