30 November 2012

Thanksgiving Challenge, Final Day!


Day #30: I'm thankful that I can't fully comprehend God.

When I chose the topic of God's attributes in response to my blogger friend's challenge to pick one topic for which to be thankful for throughout the month of December, I knew it was going to be difficult one. Although I've been a Christian for almost 30 years and even went to Bible college to study theology, my knowledge of God is so small! Sure enough, about nine days into the month, I was reduced to Googling "attributes of God" to come up with ideas of things to be thankful for! But as tempting as it might be to think I have God all figured out since I've come up with a whole thirty things about him, I have really only just scratched the surface. "Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom" (Psalm 145:3). I'm reminded of the song, The Greatness of Our God, that we often sing in church.

And no words can say, or song convey all You are,
the greatness of our God
I'll spend my life to know
but I'm far from close to all You are,
the greatness of our God.

And no sky contains,
no doubt restrains all You are,
the Greatness of Our God
I'll spend my life to know 
and I'm far from close to all You are, 
the greatness of our God.
by Jason Ingram, Stuart Garrard, Ruben Morgan © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

No comments: