26 July 2006

Closed Doors

Well, the Lord has seen fit to rearrange my plans and redirect my life. I had been planning to attend the Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics in Dallas to pursue a masters in Applied Linguistics. Eventually I would like to work in a Bible translation ministry. However, the accreditation board that accredits them does not recognize the accreditation board that accredits Northland. (Try saying that sentence five times fast!) So, I'm unable to go there. I have several others schools I'm looking at, but it's kind of hard to readjust my thinking. I had all my plans figured out in my head, and now they're not going to happen. I do trust that the Lord's in control. He knows what His plan is for my life, even though I can't yet see it. It was not an accident that I went to Northland. I know that was where He wanted me to be. And He will direct me to my next step as well. As Pastor reminded me, "The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand. I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his descendants begging bread" (Psalm 37:23-25). So that is where I am now. I would appreciate your prayers as I look at other schools, and I will keep you updated as the Lord leads.

No comments: